ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill Review
The ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill is an exercise machine that has a lot to offer to health enthusiasts.
With its strong steel frame, long and wide side safety rails, and an ability to incline for a more intense workout, it offers an effective exercise, whereas with no need for electricity, no need for maintenance and a foldable space-saving design it offers a great convenience.
In short, this machine is effective and at the same time convenient in helping one gaining strength and stamina, building and toning muscles and losing extra pounds.
Published: May 20, 2020.
ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill Specifications
- Dimensions when assembled: 47 x 23 x 51 inches (119 x 58 x 130 cm) (L x W x H)
- Dimensions when folded: 21 x 23 x 51 inches (53 x 58 x 130 cm) (L x W x H)
- Weight when assembled: 49 lbs. (22 kg)
- Running surface: 43 x 13 inches (109 x 33 cm) (L x W)
- Incline: Manual: 2 levels: 6 and 10 degrees
- Maximum user weight capacity: 230 lbs. (104 kg)
- Warranty: 1 year on frame, 90 days on all other components
Features of ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill
The ProGear 190 comes almost completely assembled. Users have to do minimal assembly. All the tools required for the assembly are included and the manual provides clear instructions and diagrams. Thus it should not take more than 30-40 minutes to put this treadmill together.
The ProGear 190 has a strong powder-coated steel frame.
This treadmill comes with handles that are longer than average and have foam grips to offer users safety and good balance.
The console of the ProGear 190 is very basic and comes with an LCD display that shows workout stats including time, distance, speed, and calories.
These readings are not shown together on the display. Users have to continuously keep pressing a button on the screen to alternate between the values.
Since this is a manual treadmill, it doesn’t have any motor. The running belt moves only with the user’s stride.
The ProGear 190 provides 2 position incline levels of 6 and 10 degrees which are quick and easy to set. These incline levels are really effective in getting users some intense workout and burn calories quickly. This is perhaps the only treadmill in the market that offers such intense incline levels at such a low price.
Maximum User Weight Capacity
The ProGear 190 has a maximum user weight capacity of 230 lbs.
The ProGear 190 has twin cast iron flywheels that offer a smooth and consistent experience of walking.
The unit has oversized belt rollers that too contribute to giving users a smooth and consistent workout experience.
Foldable Space Saver Design
Due to the space-saver design, the ProGear 190 can be easily folded and stored away.
The ProGear 190 can be relocated easily due to the transportation wheels.
Pros of ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill
- Strong steel frame
- 2 effective incline levels of 6 and 10 degrees
- Foldable space-saving design
- Can be easily relocated with transportation wheels
- Longer than average handles that provide users safety and good balance
- Maximum user weight capacity of 230 lbs.
- Twin flywheels
- Oversized belt rollers
- Smooth and consistent operation
- Easy assembly
- Low price
Cons of ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill
- Console is very basic
- Running belt tends to oscillate during exercise; a solution to this is to hold with both hands or switch hands frequently
- Some users may feel worried due to the steepness of the machine that they may fall down
- Running belt may be problematic and narrow for users with vigorous running action
- Machine may not be suitable to users taller than 6 feet
- Not extremely quiet, but it’s also not too noisy
The ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill offers some nice features like a strong steel frame, 2 effective incline levels, twin flywheel, and oversized belt rollers that offer smooth and consistent operation, foldable space-saving design and extra-long handles for safety and balance for a remarkably low price.
It offers a great workout for shedding extra pounds, muscle building, and toning and stamina development. Users start feeling a burn in their muscles in merely 30 minutes of workout on it.
For those who are looking for a low-priced treadmill with light to medium workout, the ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill is a really good buy.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check ProGear 190 Manual Treadmill Amazon link (link opens in the new window).