Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is one of the most popular grass-fed whey protein supplements. It comes from pasture-raised diary cows ensuring higher concentration of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients and it is also gluten free, antibiotic free, soy free, rGBH/rBST hormone free. Also, it contains no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners and no GMOs.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is excellent choice for people wanting to increase their daily protein intake, especially before and after workouts, regardless if those workouts are light cardio sessions or heavy gym workouts.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is manufactured using cold micro-filtration process, without the use of bleach, acids or any similar chemicals.
In order to help the powder's mixability, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein contains less than 1% of non-GMO sunflower lecithin.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein Flavors
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein comes in two packages (2 and 5 pounds; 0.9 and 2.27 kg) and several flavors: Unflavored, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Cinnamon, Pure Chocolate, Chocolate Mocha.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein as the main protein source features whey protein concentrate.
Nutrient content differ slightly from flavor to flavor, with the nutrient content listed in the following table:
|Flavor||Unflavored||Vanilla Bean||Vanilla Cinnamon||Pure Chocolate||Chocolate Mocha|
|Amazon Link||Levels Unflavored 100% Grass Fed Whey||Levels Vanilla Bean 100% Grass Fed Whey||Levels Vanilla Cinnamon 100% Grass Fed Whey||Levels Pure Chocolate 100% Grass Fed Whey||Levels Chocolate Mocha 100% Grass Fed Whey|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date prices and offers.
- Unflavored: Grass-fed whey protein concentrate, non-GMO sunflower lecithin.
- Vanilla Bean: Grass-fed whey protein concentrate, vanilla extract powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract.
- Vanilla Cinnamon: Grass-fed whey protein concentrate, cinnamon, vanilla extract powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract.
- Pure Chocolate: Grass-fed whey protein concentrate, cacao powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract.
- Chocolate Mocha: Grass-fed whey protein concentrate, decaffeinated coffee powder, cacao powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract.
As one can see, differences in nutrient profiles are minimal, so fee free to chose according to your personal needs and taste.
Personally, Pure Chocolate flavor is preferred choice.
Thanks to its low carbohydrate content, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein can be used on low-carb, Paleo and even Keto diets.
Cholesterol and sodium content are relatively low, but just in case, when taking any supplement (not just this one), check both macro- and micro-nutrients.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein contains no trans fats.
Like any other whey protein, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein should be taken right after workouts as the Post Workout Meal (PWM) - just put 1 scoop of the protein powder in the shaker, add water and shake for 15-30 seconds and drink it.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein mixes well in the shaker, especially in the shaker with metallic or plastic mesh. During shaking some foam is created, but it settles quickly down.
For the grass-fed whey with natural flavors and sweeteners, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein tastes relatively well - it can't be compared with some premium whey proteins (regarding taste), but it is also far from being 'wood chips and sand' only.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein can be used in other meals as well, just be sure to slow down its digestion:
- breakfasts and daily snacks: mix the protein powder with oats, fruits, milk, juice and other foods that slow down whey concentrate digestion. In such shakes and smoothies, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein acts as excellent source of high valuable protein.
- bedtime shakes and smoothies: blend Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein with low-fat or cottage cheese, casein protein powder, milled nuts, peanut butter and other foods that slow down whey concentrate digestion even more and provide slow digesting casein, fibers and healthy fats.
Long Story Short: Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is very popular grass-fed whey protein - it comes in several flavors and two packaged, contains no artificial flavors nor sweeteners, it is free from gluten, soy, antibiotics, artificial hormones, GMO etc, and it comes at acceptable price, at least for a grass-fed whey.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein Amazon link (link opens in the new window).