3500 Calories Per Day Meal Plan - Time to Grow
When it is time to bulk, one has to work out heavily and eat.
This 3500 calories per day meal plan should be used as the basis for organizing nutrition during the workout days.
Published: February 5, 2016.
When trying to gain some weight, many people simply eat as if there is no tomorrow. But, having control over nutrition is very important even when calories and nutrients are consumed deliberately over daily requirements. One gains muscles and fats, but fat gain is more or less limited - this is very individual and depends on age, gender, general physical activity, genetics, etc.
3500 Calories Meal Plan
|08:00h||Protein Pancakes||3 pancakes||63g||63g||12g||18g|
|10:00h||Kiwi Orange Salad||(as in the recipe)||4g||40g||2g||13g|
|11:00h||Japanese Quail Eggs and Pasta Salad||(as in the recipe)||42g||69g||18g||12g|
|15:40h||Homemade Pre Workout Drink||(as in the recipe)||40g||10g||0g||0g|
|17:30h||Post Workout Meal (PWM) Shake||-||70g||50g||1g||1g|
|18:30h||Grilled Salmon with Zucchini||(as in the recipe)||77g||7g||20g||2g|
|21:00h||Bedtime Protein Shake||(as in the recipe)||50g||13g||18g||3g|
|Calories:||1560 kcal||1280 kcal||675 kcal||-|
|Total Calories: 3515 kcal|
- if you want to grow, you have to eat. There is around 3500 kcal in this meal plan and that requires money, time to prepare, and to eat all this food.
- 3 protein pancakes for breakfast are a good way to start the day - plenty of protein, complex carbs, good fats, and fibers.
- mixed fruits salad (kiwi and oranges in this example) will provide plenty of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc. Not to mention Japanese Quail Eggs a little bit later ...
- workout is at 16:00h - at 14:00 there are hake fillets and some pasta. This meal is easy to digest and will not make your stomach heavy during a workout. 15-20 minutes before workout, there is a pre-workout shake. There are many of them on the market, but I prefer my own mixture - and I take it at my own risk since the one in the recipe contains 10g of ordinary glucose, 10g of whey protein, 5g of arginine AKG, 5g of Beta-Alanine, 10g of BCAA powder, 10g of glutamine, 400mg of caffeine, 3g of taurine and have some vitamins and minerals pills (b complex vitamins, C vitamin, magnesium, calcium, etc). Such shake can be somewhat heavy on the stomach, can cause elevated blood pressure, increased heart rate, tremors, and similar, but it can also help you move the mountains :) 'What doesn't kill you ... just postpones the inevitable' :) Anyway, be sure to consult your doctor before taking any of such supplements, especially their combinations ...
- 17:30 PWM shake, some whey protein, fast carbs, BCAAs, Glutamine, Creatine, vitamin C, etc. This will help in muscle regeneration and recovery. Which whey will you be using is all up to you. Whey protein blends are a great choice, but sometimes whey protein isolates or even peptides are worth buying. Some people don't take BCAAs when bulking - not even as powder, but one can only benefit from them, even when bulking. And they are expensive, even in powdered form ...
- 18:30 easily digestible and very tasty salmon fillets with vegetables. After a workout, one needs plenty of food, especially protein and healthy fats. Carbohydrates were present during the day and in the PWM, so one can start to cut carbs in the last two meals.
- 21:00 bedtime protein shake - slow digesting protein and healthy fats. Time to slow down and go to sleep.
- if you want to increase calories, even more, increase carbs in the form of pasta, rice, and/or potatoes - add them to each meal as you please, except last meal, where one should/can add almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and similar foods. Also, if almost 400g of protein is not enough for your requirements, get yourself some good whey protein concentrate (or blend) and drink a serving after each meal - the meal will slow down whey protein concentrate (or blend) rate of digestion, but few servings of such whey can increase the daily amount of protein intake by additional 100-150g of protein.
- 75g of fats is usually more than enough. If you think that this is not enough for you and/or you want to increase calories even more, be sure to add a tablespoon of olive oil and/or fish oil as you please. 3 such tablespoons (for example, with meals at 14:00, 18:30, and 21:00) contains 45g of fats and around 400 additional calories.
- there are plenty of fibers here - if your fiber intake was relatively low, increase it gradually to avoid any stomach and digestion ... issues :)
Long story short - When it is time to bulk, do it properly. We are all individuals, so feel free to play with this meal plan according to your needs and preferences. And remember, less fat you gain during bulking, less dieting later :)