Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is a great basic treadmill for a smaller-sized people. It doesn't have many features available in larger and more expensive models, but it does its job.
Published: January 28, 2016.
Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill Features
- drive motor is a 2.25 HP Impulse Motor,
- Comfort Cell Cushioning - absorbs impact to protect joints and back,
- Blue LCD with Workout Matrix Display - LCD tracking speed, time, distance, resistance, calories burned and pulse. For a graphical representation of a workout, the display features a workout matrix,
- 6 Workout Apps,
- 0-10 MPH QuickSpeed Control: QuickSpeed Control allows one to quickly change speed with the simple touch of a button,
- 2-Position Adjustable Incline,
- 16" x 50" (41 x 127 cm) Treadbelt,
- SpaceSaver Design,
- 250 lb. (113 kg) User Weight Capacity.
Warranty: This treadmill is protected with a 90-Day Motor, Parts, and Labor Warranty.
- weight capacity could be better - 250 pounds (113 kg) makes this treadmill unsuitable for larger people. However, this treadmill is made for home usage only by lighter people (smaller framed guys, women, children, elderly) and they will really love it.
- incline is adjustable, but only manually. If you want to change the incline, you have to stop walking/running, change incline and then continue with your exercise. There are only two different positions, which is OK for beginners and recreational trainees. If you aim little bit higher than that, choose bigger, stronger, sturdier, but also more expensive treadmills.
- walking/running area is smaller compared with larger and more expensive treadmills. Again, this treadmill is made for smaller people - if you are taller/heavier, choose some other model. However, even if you are a taller person and need a cheap motorized treadmill for home use just for walking, have this treadmill in mind - it does it's job perfectly since it is, considering the price, well built for walking due to strong enough drive motor, large enough walking belt and other features.
- drive motor is not without noise, but nothing to worry about. While you workout, it is normal to watch TV or listen to the favorite music, without increasing volume. However, if you like running and you are a little bit larger (but still lighter than 250 pounds), the treadmill can be rather noisy.
- Comfort Cell Cushioning technology is design to absorb impacts while walking and running in order to protect joints. This is great for older people and all those people who do their cardio for a longer period of time very often.
- computer console is great in displaying a large number of parameters. The console is easily readable even under bad/weak light conditions. Also, all commands are easy-to-reach during exercise. Treadmill comes with only 6 built-in programs. Not much, but they are all designed as cardio exercises and having in mind that entire treadmill is suitable mostly for walking/light jogging, these programs are more than enough.
- when not in use, thanks to its 'SpaceSaver Design', the walking belt folds up, thus requiring less space for storage. Also, thanks to small wheels, the treadmill can be easily moved around. Note: many other treadmills and companies have very similar folding mechanism, just they call it differently.
As one can see, this is a home treadmill with basic features and a modest walking/running area. That doesn't mean that it is not good, on contrary - just be aware of its limitations. If it satisfies your needs, why spend more money?
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill Amazon link (link opens in the new window).