BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder
BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder is flavored BCAA supplement in powdered form. It has Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine BCAAs in 'classic' 2:1:1 ratio. Supplement comes in many flavors and several packages, suitable for both beginners and advanced trainees.
BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder helps promote protein synthesis in muscles, if taken around training, they increase anabolism and fight catabolism, they decrease muscle soreness after and between workouts and have other benefits.
BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder come in many flavors: Arctic Ice, Blue Raspberry, Cherry Lime, Fruit Punch, Grape, Green Fusion, Passion Fruit, Rainbow Ice, Sour Candy, and Watermelon Ice. Over time, list of available flavors can change.
BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder is available in 5 servings, 300g (10.58 ounces) and 600g (1.32 pounds) packages.
One serving is 10g of powder and it contains:
- 2.5g of Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine,
- 1.25g of Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine,
- 1.25g Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine,
- 1g of CLA MATRIX,
- 0.25g Agmatine.
Other ingredients include natural and artificial flavors and sweeteners, and other compounds commonly found in similar sports supplements.
According to the manufacturer, BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder utilizes so-called 'Oligopeptide-Enzymatic Technology' - it is based on the bonded chain of leucine, isoleucine, and valine which 'may act' as a better transport vehicle for faster supplement absorption, leading to faster recovery and regeneration.
We had to emphasize 'may act', since these are the claims of the manufacturer and not result of some 'double-blind' scientific study.
Nonetheless, BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder is very popular supplement for many reasons:
- although most of the flavors are 'fruity' flavors, they are actually very good - even for 'chocoholics', like the author of this article. Some flavors are stronger that the other, and require more water, but that is highly individual.
- price is acceptable, especially for the largest package (600g, 1.32 pounds). If you are not sure about this product, and just want to try it, go for 5 servings package. It is the most expensive package, per gram of powder, but if you don't like the flavor, no damage done.
- as flavored powder, it can be taken as healthy and refreshing drink during the day, or between meals to postpone hunger (very important on a calorie restricted diets), to increase the energy before and during workouts (especially if mixed with some fast carbs) and after the workouts to help with recovery. It is very hard to take non-flavored BCAA powders alone - I mixed such non-flavored BCAAs with my whey and carbs in Post Workout Meal (PWM) shake, while flavored BCAAs can be taken as pleased.
Note: maximum recommended daily amount of BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder are 3 servings of powder.
BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder and Fat Loss
If you wish to lose weight, perhaps the best thing to do is to have low intensity cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. In order to prevent catabolism and increase workout energy, take one serving of the BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder just before your workout.
Fast walking for 45 minutes right in the morning on home treadmill can burn plenty of calories - this way, 200 pounds (90 kg) person can burn 400-450 kcal, fat mostly, without stressing the body too much, leading to 4-5 pounds of fat loss per month.
Of course, almost any BCAA supplement can be taken, not just BPI's BCAAs. Some people even mix creatine monohydrate, EAS (essential amino acids), glutamine, taurine and other amino acids and supplements for shake before, during and after morning cardio, but personally, sometimes the best thing to do is to keep things simple - put a serving of the BCAAs in the shaker, mix with water, drink, have workout. Repeat next day. And that is it :)
For cardio and weights workouts during the day - take one serving of BPI's BCAAs right before and perhaps during the workouts, especially during prolonged workouts.
Long story short - BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder is very good, flavored BCAA supplement. If you are trying to lose weight, it should be done under supervision of your doctor or trainer. BCAA supplements can help, but only as part of balanced diet and with regular exercise.
For more reviews and recommendations, check BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder Amazon link (link opens in the new window).