Pure Protein Bars - Reviews and Recommendations
Pure Protein Bars are food bars very high in protein. They come in two sizes and several flavors. They are very popular protein bars due to high protein content and protein type, acceptable price and great taste. They are suitable for breakfasts, and as daily snacks, and they taste so good that they can be even used to fight sweets cravings during periods of diets :)
Published: December 20, 2019.
Pure protein bars come in various flavors: Chocolate Peanut Butter, S'Mores, Chocolate Salted Caramel, Chewy Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Deluxe, Dark Chocolate Coconut, Peanut Butter Caramel Surprise etc.
They also come in two sizes: 50g and 78g.
Note: not all flavors are always available in both sizes and the list of flavors can change without prior notice.
Main protein sources are milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate - excellent protein sources that are digested over period of several hours. Cheaper protein bars are usually based on whey protein blend, which digest rather quickly.
Nutritional content of Chocolate Deluxe and Chocolate Peanut Butter bars, both sizes, is given in the following table:
|Flavor||Protein||Total Carbs||Fiber||Sugar||Sugar Alcohol||Total Fats||Saturated Fats||Calories|
|Chocolate Deluxe 78g||32g||26g||3g||4g||7g||7g||5g||280kcal|
|Chocolate Deluxe 50g||21g||17g||2g||3g||4g||4.5g||3g||180kcal|
|Chocolate Peanut Butter 78g||31g||25g||2g||3g||9g||10g||4.5g||310kcal|
|Chocolate Peanut Butter 50g||20g||16g||1g||2g||6g||6g||3g||200kcal|
Note that other flavors have very similar macronutrient content.
Pure protein bars can be found as single bars or in packages of several bars per package (for example, 6, 12, 18, 24 bars etc per package).
Personally, the best thing about them is that they can and found in the form of variety packages - packages that contain several or even all flavors of given size. This helps avoid boredom and gives one opportunity to try many flavors.
Pure Protein Bars taste is excellent, they taste like candy bars, at least chocolate flavors. Due to the content of sugar alcohol, they are more chewy bars, than they are crunchy ones.
Depending on the size of consumed bar and size and physical activity of the user, these bars will make one satiated for 1-3 hours, maybe even more.
Pure protein bars can be used for:
- breakfasts - right after getting up, they provide the body with balanced ratio of protein, carbs, fibers and fats. Depending on your body type (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph), bodyweight, diet and similar, eat one smaller or one larger bar.
- daily snacks - these bars can be used as excellent daily snacks and even meal replacements. If you are in the hurry and you need something to eat, good protein bars are excellent solution for such situations. Also, it keeps you away from fast food restaurants and similar :)
- last solid meal before workout - in order to workout, one should not be hungry, but also, large weight in the stomach can hamper the workout. Small pure protein bar, some 60-90 minutes before workout will provide energy and nutrients for workout, without stressing the digestive system. Larger guys should go for larger bars, of course.
- first meal after workout - whey protein shakes are ideal meals right after workouts, but bars are more convenient and sometimes easier to consume.
- fight cravings for sweets - seriously, these bars can help you fight cravings for sweets during periods of diet. However, if you are on a diet, and you have these bars around, it is possible that you will eat (at least) one of them, even if you would not eat something sweet :)
For short - these bars taste great, they come at acceptable prices and they have very good nutrient content. However, real food is real food.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Amazon links (links open in the new windows):