BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey Protein Supplement
BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey Protein is a high-quality grass-fed whey protein powder, that comes in several packages and, at the moment, two flavors: Belgian Chocolate and Vanilla.
BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey Protein is 3rd party tested protein supplement and is NSF Certified for Sports - it contains no banned substances. Also, it contains no added hormones, no rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone), no soy, no GMO, no gluten, no artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, etc.
Published: April 22, 2020.
BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey is a protein blend of whey isolate and whey concentrate in 9:1 ratio and is 100% derived from hormone-free milk.
Powder comes in several packages including 1.8 pounds (815g) tubs and 2.2 pounds (990g) self-sealing bags.
Unfortunately, at the moment there is no larger package (5 pounds, for example), but there are small packages of protein containing several single-serving bags - excellent for travelers, busy people or for people wanting to try this supplement prior to ordering larger packages.
BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey comes in two flavors: Belgian Chocolate and Natural Vanilla. Nutritional content of these flavors is very similar and is given in the following chart:
|Flavor||Belgian Chocolate||Natural Vanilla|
|Serving Size||1 Scoop (33g)||1 Scoop (31g)|
|Sugars||2g||2g (1g added)|
|Cholesterol||20 mg||25 mg|
|Calcium||100 mg||98 mg|
|Sodium||160 mg||110 mg|
|Potassium||179 mg||102 mg|
|Amazon Link||Belgian Chocolate||Natural Vanilla|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the most up-to-date offers and prices.
As one can see, both flavors have similar nutritional content, which is great news especially for chocoholic people, the author of this review included.
Each scoop contains 24g of fast-digesting protein, only 3g of carbs, 1g of fats, and very low amounts of cholesterol and sodium.
Also, each serving contains 5.3g of BCAA of which 2.5g of leucine - roughly 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
Each flavor contains similar ingredients, including:
- Belgian Chocolate: Protein Blend (Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate, Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate - 9:1 ratio), Organic Cocoa processed with Alkali, Natural Flavors, Dextrose, Xanthan Gum, Rabaudioside A (Stevia), Sunflower Lecithin, Salt.
- Natural Vanilla: Protein Blend (Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate, Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate - 9:1 ratio), Natural Flavors, Dextrose, Xanthan Gum, Rabaudioside A (Stevia), Sunflower Lecithin, Salt.
BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey dissolves in water well, especially if the shaker-bottle with mesh is used - some foam is created, but it settles quickly.
Taste is OK - Belgian Chocolate tastes well even with plain water and with no additional carbs added. Vanilla is, personally, kind of thin, but many people prefer it over Belgian Chocolate because of the soft, smooth flavor.
The manufacturer never states that these proteins are "lactose-free", but thanks to the overall low-carb content, even if the lactose is present, it is present in very low quantities - protein shakes are very easy on the stomach and they don't cause bloating or any similar digestive issue.
How to Use BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey Protein
BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey may be used for:
- for making Post Workout Meal (PWM) shakes: put 1-2 scoops (depending on your personal requirements) into the dry shaker-bottle, add some fast carbs if required, and right after the workout add some water, shake it few seconds and drink it. BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey starts to digest quickly, helping with recovery and regeneration.
- for breakfasts and daily snacks: blend the BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey with fruits, oats, low-fat or cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, and similar foods into healthy shakes and smoothies. Additional foods slow down the digestion of grass-fed whey, also adding more nutrients like complex carbs, healthy fats, and fibers.
- since BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey uses milk as the protein source, lacto-ovo vegetarians may use this whey protein as an excellent complete protein source featuring high protein biological value and high PDCAAS values.
- people on Keto Diets and especially on Low Carb Diets may use BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey for increasing daily protein intake in various meals since a single scoop of powder contain 24g of protein and only 3g of carbs, with minimum amounts of fats.
Long Story Short: If you are looking for a whey protein supplement that contains no banned substances (Certified!), no added hormones, no rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone), no soy, no GMO, no gluten, no artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, etc., consider BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey as your next whey protein.
As grass-fed whey, BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey costs more than ordinary whey proteins, but what you pay is what you get - excellent whey protein supplement that is very easy on the stomach, that digests quickly and causes no bloating or similar issues.
Also, we hope to see a 5 pounds package soon on the market.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check BuiltByStrength Grass Fed Whey Belgian Chocolate and Natural Vanilla Amazon links and BuiltByStrength GRASS-FED WHEY PROTEIN official manufacturer's page (links open in the new windows).