ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate
ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate is high quality, grass-fed whey protein supplement, free of additives, chemicals and also corn-free, soy-free, gluten-free and non-GMO.
It is manufactured in US from Northern California source farms, ensuring year-round supply.
Published: May 20, 2019.
ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate is undentured and cold processed, containing more bioactive ingredients than more concentrated whey isolates, hydrolysates and especially whey peptides.
On the other hand, since it is whey protein concentrate, ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate contains slightly more carbs and fats than whey isolates, hydrolysates and again, especially whey peptides.
Bioactive ingredients include, among others glutathione, lactoferrin, CLA, L-Carnitine, etc.
ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate comes in several sizes (stick packs, 1 sachet, 5 sachets, 10 sachets and 1, 3 or 5 lbs containers and 10 lbs bag) and flavors like Unflavored, Raw Chocolate, Vanilla, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
Nutritional content slightly vary depending on the flavor and is given in the following table:
|Flavor||Unflavored||Raw Chocolate||Vanilla||Peanut Butter||Chocolate Peanut Butter|
|Amazon Link||Unflavored||Raw Chocolate||Vanilla||Peanut Butter||Chocolate Peanut Butter|
Note: Amazon links in the table open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date offers and prices.
Ingredients depend on the flavor and they include:
- Unflavored: Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Less than 1% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin
- Raw Chocolate: Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Raw Organic Peruvian Cacao, Less than 1% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin
- Vanilla: Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Indonesian Vanilla Extract, Less than 1% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin
- Peanut Butter: Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, USA Peanuts, Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Less than 1% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Raw Organic Peruvian Cacao, Non-GMO Cane Sugar, USA Peanuts, Less than 1% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin
Nutritional content depends on the flavor with Unflavored 'flavor' having the smallest protein powder serving size (30g) which provides 25g of protein and 5.9g of BCAA.
Other flavors require more supplement powder to provide 25g of protein - for example, Peanut Butter flavor serving size is 40g.
Each serving of each flavor also contains less than 1% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin and according the manufacturer, this is ~0.75% of Non-GMO Sunflower Lecithin.
Sunflower Lecithin is required for proper mixing with water. For a grass-fed whey protein supplement with no additives and chemicals, ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate mixes well with water - if mixed with the spoon in the glass, one gets plenty of lumps, but when mixed in the shaker, preferably with metal/plastic mesh, powder mixes rather well, with no lumps.
During shaking some foam may be created, but the foam is gone within seconds.
Unflavored powder mixed with water doesn't taste very well, but the taste can be improved by adding few berries, for example.
Other flavors taste much better, especially Chocolate Peanut Butter.
Note: when being compared with whey supplements containing artificial flavors and sweeteners, ProMix whey doesn't taste that well :)
For short: Taste is OK, but it could be better - you win some, you lose some ...
ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate is quickly digested protein supplement - it digests much faster than casein based Meal Replacement Powders.
Also, speed of digestion depends on the flavor - Unflavored powder contains nothing but the whey concentrate and lecithin. On the other hand Peanut Butter flavor contains 3g of dietary fibers per single serving.
Note: actual 'speed of digestion' wasn't accurately measured in the lab, so ...
Anyway, ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate is excellent grass-fed whey proteins supplement for:
- breakfasts, daily meals and snacks: mix the powder with some fruits, oats, low-fat or cottage cheese or similar foods. Whey powder will increase the amount of protein, while other foods will slow down the protein digestion.
- bedtime protein shakes: mix whey protein with milled nuts, peanut butter and low-fat and/or cottage cheese (source of slow digesting casein) and consume during the evening. Also, if available, free to add some grass-fed casein protein powder.
- before and after workouts: due to the fast digestion, ProMix Grass-Fed Whey Protein is ideal for making protein shakes before and after workouts, regardless if those are running workouts at your home treadmill or heavy gym workouts. By increasing amount of protein before and after the workouts, whey protein helps with the recovery and increase in muscle mass and strength - this also depends on the many other factors, so even if DON'T WANT to increase your muscle mass, consider taking whey protein around your workouts.
Lacto-ovo vegetarians can use ProMix grass-fed whey to increase the protein content in daily meals and snacks and of course, before and after workouts to speed up recovery and regeneration.
Since ProMix grass-fed whey protein is derived from milk, it is not suitable for vegans.
Note: although ProMix grass-fed whey is free from corn, soy, gluten, and GMO ingredients, it is not lactose-free protein supplement.
If you are looking for high-quality grass-fed whey protein, consider ProMix grass-fed whey. It comes in numerous packages and flavors, suitable for most people.
For more reviews and recommendations, check ProMix Chocolate Peanut Butter Grass Fed Whey Protein Amazon link (link opens in the new window).